Candidates are qualified to sit for Part II Fellowship Examination after passing Part I and a further 30 to 48 months of Residency Training (Senior Residency) with considerable responsibility for professional judgement and problem solving. It aims to test the candidates’ readiness for the responsibilities of leadership in the specialty. Those who pass are eligible to be appointed as Consultants.
The format for this examination varies from Faculty to Faculty and details are provided in each Faculty’s Handbook.
Basic requirements are:
– Completed Dissertation/Casebooks (duration depends on specialty) Four (4) loosely bound and a softcopy
– Basic Medical or Dental Degree Certificate
– NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate
– Statement of Part I Result
– Certificate/Evidence of payment of Full registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
– Certificate of Training (valid for two years/maximum of 4 consecutive Examinations). However, form should be freshly completed and signed for each examination
– Annual Progress Report: A minimum of two reports for the two previous consecutive years are required
– NPMCN Research Methodology Certificate
– NPMCN Health Resources Management Course Certificate
– Clinical Log Book where applicable
– Update/Revision Course as specified by Faculty, but minimum time validity should be anytime in the preceding year
– Up-to-date Associate Fellowship Annual Subscription (AFAS)