To facilitate acquisition of basic knowledge and necessary skills for research in Medicine and Proposal/Dissertation writing
- Definition, Spectrum and Types of Health Research Design
- Defining Research problems, Setting Objectives, Statistics and Research Methods
- Writing Research Proposals (Planning, Protocol Development and Report Writing)
- Good Clinical Practices and Clinical Trials
- Role of Computer in Medical Research (EPI Info and SPSS)
- Literature review, Use of Physical and Virtual Library, Use of Internet, Search Engines,
- Systematic Reviews and Meta-analysis
- Clinical Governance
- Writing-Up and Defence of Dissertation
- Faculty Based Group Discussion on Research Proposal (Practical Group Session)
- Evidence Based Health Care
- Statistical Methods (Summary, Inferences and Interpretation)
- Basic Principles and Method of Writing Papers for Publications
- Practical Sessions on Processing of Proposal and Presentation to the College
- Budget and Sources of Funding for Research
Resident Doctors, Medical Officers of Health, Fellows and Other Medical/Dental Practitioners.
Date: Monday 9th –Friday 13th March 2015.
Time: 08:00 a.m – 06:00 pm daily
Course fee: NGN40, 000.00 per participant
Certificate will be issued at the end of the workshop. Participants will also earn MDCN CPD credit units
Registration closes 12.00 noon of the second day of workshop.
Fees cover course materials, tea break and lunch. All fees should be paid DIRECTLY by Bank draft or interbank transfer to National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (NPMCN) Bank Account.
Account Number: Union Bank -0007375160 Idi-Araba Branch sort code 032152654
Multipurpose Hall, National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria
Km. 26 Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos.
Dr.S.S. Sule, FMCPH
Prof. O.A. Atoyebi, FMCS