National Postgraduate Medical College announces commencement of registration for the 2017 Diploma in Anaesthesia Examination.
Day 1 – Written Papers
Date: Wednesday 5th July, 2017
Time: 9am – 12noon – Paper I (Basic Sciences)
1.00pm – 4.00pm – Paper II (Principles and Practice of Anaesthesia)
Venue: College Auditorium. Km 26, Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos
Day 2 – Oral Examination
Date: Friday 7th July 2017
Time: 9am onwards
Venue: Department of Anaesthesia, Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, Lagos
Examination Fee: One hundred thousand naira only (₦100,000.00k)
The Application form for the examination can be downloaded at http://npmcn.edu.ng/diploma-in-anaesthesia-programme/
Mode of payment
Payment should be executed through remita as detailed on the website at www.npmcn.edu.ng/guidelines-on-payment-to-the-college/
After successful payment, send copy of payment slip along with duly signed form accompanied by all relevant documents to the College Registrar at the official address.
Eligibility Criteria for the Diploma in Anaesthesia Examination
- Registration as an Associate Diplomate with the College at the beginning of training or before/during the intended examination.
- Completion of 12 uninterrupted training in accredited institution
- Possession of the MBBS certificate or its equivalent registrable with the MDCN.
- Possession of the NYSC Discharge/Exemption certificate.
- Full MDCN registration certificate and current practicing license.
- Log book of 500 cases with appropriate distribution in subspecialties as specified in the Faculty Handbook.
- Certificate of Training duly signed by the Head of Training Institution or his/her designated representative.
This examination is only for those who have gone through the required training of the Diploma in Anaesthsia Programme.
(a) Each candidate must complete the application form fully, correctly and honestly. Any false information will automatically disqualify the candidate.
(b) Application submitted after the closing date or incorrectly/incompletely filled or not accompanied with the appropriate information will not be processed.
Submission of incomplete forms/documents shall lead to disqualification and College may not enter into any correspondence with such applicants
Closing date for the submission of forms is Tuesday June 20, 2017.
LATE SUBMISSION SHALL NOT BE ENTERTAINED
Professor Oluwole A. Atoyebi, FMCS