Fellowship of the College is classified as follows:
– Foundation Fellows: These are persons who were elected Fellows in accordance with section 12 (1 & 2) of the Enabling Law on or before the first Examination followed by the first Convocation held on 18th February, 1982.
– Fellows by Examination: These are persons who become Fellows in accordance with S.11 of the Enabling Law.
– Fellows by Election: These are persons who are elected in accordance with section 12(2) of the Enabling Law or under such regulations as the College may make from time to time.
Special Fellowship by Recognition
– Distinguished Fellows: Who are Fellows of the College who have distinguished themselves in their various specialties and have contributed immensely to the development of the College and the country.
– Honorary Fellows: These are persons who are elected in accordance with Section 12 (1) of the Enabling Law or under such regulations as the College may make from time to time.
– Life Fellows: These are Fellows in any of the above who have been in good standing for at least 5 years as Fellows and in addition meet the financial prescription for Life Fellowship.
– Associate Fellows by Examination – consists of Trainees who have passed the primary examinations of any of the Faculties and have been in an accredited training institution.
– Associate Fellows by Exemption – These are doctors with qualifications assessed to be equivalent to Part 1 Examination of the College Fellowship following recommendation of the Faculty concerned and approval by the Senate.