Admission into the Doctor of Medicine (MD) Programme
Applications are invited from prospective candidates for the following MD programmes of the College in the faculties of Anaesthesia, Dental Surgery, Family Dentistry, Family Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Paediatrics, Pathology, Internal Medicine, Psychiatry, Public Health & Community Medicine, Radiology, Surgery, Otorhinolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery, Orthopaedics, and Emergency Medicine.
Opening Date: Saturday, July 1, 2023
Closing Date: Sunday, December 31, 2023
MD by Coursework and Thesis
This optional pre-fellowship programme is available for Associate Fellows of the National Postgraduate Medical College who are currently at the Senior Registrar level. Applicants will be expected to complete the online application form and in addition, submit a 500-word Concept note giving an overview of the proposed study and a Compact form signed by the prospective supervisor(s). The compact form is available for download @ https://npmcn.edu.ng/postgraduate-md-programme/
MD by Thesis only
This option is available to interested Fellows of NPMCN or our sister Colleges. Candidates are to complete the online application form and submit a 500-word Concept note giving an overview of the proposed study and a Compact form signed by the prospective supervisor(s). The compact form is available for download @ https://npmcn.edu.ng/postgraduate-md-programme/
MD by Publication
This is available to Fellows of the National Postgraduate Medical College or our Sister Colleges. Prospective candidates must satisfy the following conditions:
* Register a Research proposal acceptable to the College under a specific theme in a specialized field of Medicine or Dentistry.
* Conduct prospective Research and publish 5 manuscripts in PUBMED-indexed journals. Three (3) of the publications must be in journals with an impact factor of not less than 1.
* The 5 publications will then be combined under the theme approved in the Research proposal with an introduction and a conclusion into the Thesis.
* The Thesis will then be defended before a panel of Examiners as in the other categories.
Mode of Application
Go to POSTGRADUATE MD page and click on your desired programme to complete the registration form and upload your documents.
Non-refundable Registration fee: N50,000.00k payable to National Postgraduate Medical College Account on remita.net
How to Pay
* Log on to www.remita.net,
* Click “Pay TSA & States” link,
* Select FGN: Federal Government of Nigeria
* Who do you want to pay: Enter “National post”,
* Click on National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria,
* Name of service/purpose: Select “MD Program – Tuition”
* Fill in other details and Click on submit
* Select how you want to pay eg. ATM Cards, Bank Branch
For further enquiries, please mail firstname.lastname@example.org