- This event has passed.
Advanced Research Methodology Course
April 8 @ 8:00 am - April 10 @ 5:00 pm₦75000
Aim and objectives
The Workshop aims to empower Senior Registrars, Consultants, Lecturers, and other Specialists/Teachers who are desirous of fully establishing themselves in their disciplines with clinical, epidemiological and laboratory research accomplishment through the following objectives:
i. Acquisition of in-depth knowledge, skills and competences in advanced research methodologies;
ii. Conceptualization and development of research ideas for enduring, thematic, impactful and fundable studies;
iii. Appropriate, effective and efficient use of IT search engines for guide to research and publication;
iv. Hands on experience in the use of appropriate statistics in various disciplines;
v. Familiarization with concept and practice in new areas of research: stem cell, genetic manipulation etc;
vi. Manuscript development and writing for high impact journals
vii. Research Ethics
viii. Grantsmanship and accessing research grants.
i. Interactive lectures; seminars
ii. Practical and group work
a. Use of search engines
b. Development of research proposals
c. Vetting of manuscripts for pitfalls and excellence
d. Exercise in medical statistics
e. Pre and Post course assessment and evaluation
Who should attend?
1. Senior Registrars, Consultants, and Lecturers across all medical/dental and allied disciplines; yearning for enhancement of their research capabilities to impactful advance knowledge and practice of their discipline;
2. Consultants and Lecturers involved in resident training, who would like to improve their mentoring capability;
3. Specialists (medical/dental and allied fields) who would like to refresh themselves to competitive advantage, increased access to research funds and international standing.
4. Senior Registrar undergoing College Doctor of Medicine (MD) Degree Programme can also attend
5. Fellow desirable for the Doctor of Medicine (MD) Degree of the College
• Research conceptualization, setting research questions, aim and objectives – Basic and Clinical Sciences perspective
• Sourcing relevant information and critique of literature (search engines)
• Resources for research, collaboration & responsibility
• Ethics and best practices, monitoring and appraisal
• Use of the laboratory in research, preservation of samples
• Sampling techniques
• Use of statistical methods in research
• Systematic Reviews, Meta-analysis, evidence-based medicine and sourcing resources for research
• Manuscript writing: what to publish, pitfalls, communication skills and general principle
• Sourcing funds for research
Outstanding academics that have effectively combined clinical channel activities with excellent research accomplishments.
Certificate and CME credit unit will be issued to participants at the end of workshop
Non – Residential
All participants are advised to come along with their laptops/I-pads/PC tablets, modems and relevant manuscripts.
Payment and Registration.
Number of participants will be limited to 50, due to the practical/interactive nature of the workshop and the need observe necessary Covid 19 safety protocols.
Please note that as at today March 9, 2021, 9 of the 50 slots have been taken and confirmed already.
Click the link below to reserve a slot and proceed to remita.net to make payment.
How to pay to college account on remita
a. Log on to www.remita.net,
b. Click “Pay TSA & States” link,
c. Select FGN: Federal Government of Nigeria
d. Who do you want to pay: Enter ” National post”,
e. Click on National post graduate Medical College of Nigeria,
f. Name of service/purpose: Select Advanced Research Methodology from the dropdown
g. Fill other details and Click on SUBMIT
h. Select how you want to pay eg. ATM Cards,Bank Branch etc.,
i. Complete payment
Dr. S. S. Sule, FMCPH
Deputy Registrar I (SGBA)
Dr. Owoidoho Udofia, FMCPsych